Saturday 9 June 2012

Thoughts of a little girl




My diet started on this day...
in a lovely house overlooking the sea.



How old was I then?
11 or maybe 12 and let's face it, the
yards and yards of Prince of Wales checked wool 
didn't do a lot for my developing figure!
How was I to know then on that carefree holiday
to Teignmouth that my life was about to change forever?



This is Great Aunt Grace
'Battleaxe Extraordinaire'
Even as a young Victorian woman she looks stern.
Imagine how she appeared to me in her tweed suit, hair in a bun,
sensible shoes, you get the picture?


'That gal needs to go on a diet!'


The author of my never-ending quest 
to become sylph-like.


The road home from Devon was paved with good intentions.
Every Friday night after school my mother took me into town
to be weighed at the chemist.


It won't surprise to learn from that day to this...
I've been on a flaming diet!







2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just found you via Fading Grace and am intrigued and look forward to your next post. Can't find a follower,s list, but will still follow if that's ok? Your aunt does look scary, but what a shame, picking on you like that ... Feel quite indignant on your behalf, you looked lovely. Have a lovely week, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super photos - what an ingenious doll's pram! I look forward to more memories.

    ReplyDelete